The MS 194 T is a highly capable top handle chainsaw from STIHL. Sitting between the MS 151 TC-E and the MS 201 TC-E, the MS 194 T is a middle ground for those who want a lighter all round machine that is capable of pruning jobs and full removals. With a large 31.8cc 2-MIX engine, this arborist chainsaw boasts 9% more power (1.4kW) and 7% more torque (1.5Nm) than the previous MS 193 TC-E.
- Reduced-emission engine technology:2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Anti-vibration system:Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine’s engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- STIHL ElastoStart reduces the shock caused by the compression of the engine during starting.
- Side chain tensioner: The tensioning screw can be found on the side of the chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- Ematic chain lubrication system:The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Tool free filler caps:Special catches on the fuel and oil tanks for easy opening and locking without the need for tools
- Captive Nuts The nuts on the chain sprocket cover will not get lost when changing the cutting attachment, due to their captive nature ensuring they are held in the housing. The MS 261 is the first STIHL chainsaw to be fitted with captive nuts.