The lightest top handle saw made by STIHL. This upgraded version of the MS 151 features a new 2-MIX engine that consists of a new cylinder, piston and exhaust. These changes mean there is an increase in power of the saw by up to 1.05 kW and a 15% increase in torque to 1.1 Nm – all while retaining the lightweight nature of the saw.Fitted with a manual fuel pump and STIHL’s ErgoStart (E) technology, this saw is easy to start-up so you can get on with the job straight away.
- Reduced-emission engine technology:2-stroke engine with stratified charge. A fuel-free layer of air is created between the burned charge in the combustion chamber and the fresh charge in the crankcase, reducing the amount of fuel lost during the charge cycle. This results in more power with a lower weight, up to 20% lower fuel consumption than regular 2-stroke engines and significantly reduced exhaust emissions.
- Anti-vibration system:Intense vibration at the handles of power tools can lead to long-term effects on blood vessels in the hands and arms. STIHL has therefore developed an effective anti-vibration system whereby the oscillations from the machine’s engine are dampened which significantly reduces vibrations at the handles.
- STIHL ElastoStart reduces the shock caused by the compression of the engine during starting.
- Side chain tensioner: The tensioning screw can be found on the side of the chain saw through the sprocket cover. This removes the need for contact with the sharp saw chain.
- Ematic chain lubrication system:The Ematic chain lubrication system ensures pinpoint lubrication of the saw chain links and guide bar rails. When used with STIHL OILOMATIC saw chain, it will provide maximum lubrication, longer wear and less oil consumption than conventional methods of chain lubrication. The Ematic system can reduce bar oil consumption by up to 50%.
- Tool free filler caps:Special catches on the fuel and oil tanks for easy opening and locking without the need for tools